Wednesday 27 June 2012

DIY: Caviar, fish egg, bubble, micro bead mani...

Whatever you want to call it.

OPI- Ginger bells with ascent bead nail 


Stuff paying £18 squid for them, I don't know about you but I could not bring my self to spend that!
The Ciate fiasco has undoubtedly done it's rounds by now, but the bead mani is definitely still in the throws of its fifteen minutes. Plus, those glinty* little, tactile spheres can be quite the welcome distraction when in the middle of an eye-glazingly* boring meeting or conversation! 

Anyway here's the who/what/where/when;

Stuff you'll need:
Polish colour of your choice
Clear top coat (optional)
Micro beads
2 Containers to pour beads to and from

The how:
1) Paint your nails with base coat (if you like), and with your first coat of colour, let it dry.
2) Concentrating on one nail at a time, paint on the second coat of colour. Hold your hand over a container, and whilst the polish is still wet, pour the micro beads over the nail, tilting the nail as you do so for full coverage.
3) Tap your finger to shed excess beads and very lightly press over the surface of the beads on the nail to set them in place, delicacy is a necessity here!
4) Repeat steps 2 and three on as many nails as you want beaded up.
5) Paint over the beads with top coat to seal, this is optional as some people think it takes away from the 3D effect, but personally I find it to be like an extremely 'thirsty' glitter in that one coat makes little difference, plus, I favour the longevity it lends too!

And there you go, le bead nails! simple but interesting, if even in a slightly bizarre way (a bit like me!).
I got these particular beads for £3.20 including p&p from here on Ebay. The beads I used were the rainbow mix but there are plenty of other individual colours to choose from.

Hope this has been a helpful 'how to', I'd love to know how you get on if you give them a go, so let me know in the comments if you find them faily or successful!


*Warning; this post may contain made up words.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! I've seen bloggers sporting them with bright colors, and yours is a breath of fresh air amidst the neon madness!

    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look absolutely amazing. I've been eyeing up the Ciate as well but like you I couldn't quite part with the £18 for them! May have to try these ebay beads!

    xx

    http://www.wearenouvellevague.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, looks amazing how you've done it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an awesome nail art idea! I haven't seen it anywhere, and definitely want to try. eBay here i come!!

    Talitha xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it really means a lot to me! contact me directly @cinnamonsaara on Twitter, and feel free to leave a link, I love to find new blogs!